13 maj 2008

FANTASY CAN ONLY GROW (or not) .......AND REAL CURIOSITY DOESN'T LOSE ENERGY

¤

And the following is written by someone I don't know, Janelle, in a kind of jungian psychological-type-based Myers-Brigg's group for INFP-people (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving) on facebook:


"I just finished watching Waking Life and it clarified a lot of questions that have been buzzing around in my head for a long time. The biggest worry it brought up is the premise of the film: are you awake?

I have often felt that as an INFP living in the past and future, I miss out on a lot of "now" moments. Sure, I give them plenty of afterthought, and I plan many in advance that usually don't play out how I expect, but when it comes to acting in the moment, I feel like I just 'wake up' a second too late and watch opportunities slide into oblivion. Anybody else have this problem?

I have tried to rein in my thoughts and bring everything together to be fully present in whichever moment I find myself in, but I absolutely cannot stay there for more than a few moments. Are we INFPs destined to just be thinkers (I should say feelers) and observers, pondering the meaning of life deeper than most but never actually living it out? We dream and imagine this wonderful adventurous romantic journey that is how life should be or could be, but in real life I feel like I am waiting for someone to knock on my door. I am just waiting, going through the motions until some storybook/movieworthy adventure sweeps me up and takes me away.

So then, what if that really is just a fantasy? Could life merely be the mundane series of normal events it seems to be? Or rather, I know that the world has magic and mystery and suspense, but I guess my fear is that I will never find mine. I fear that life will pass me by because I didn't recognize the transient opportunities beckoning to me, much less act on them in time.

Well, this post is getting long enough, thank you to anyone who got this far. Anybody have any advice, consolation, adventurous true stories to share?"

¤¤


My answer:

I recognize myself in almost every word you say!! I use to look for things to critisize or clarify, but this time I don't really need to, and it feels good enough to just sympathize :-)

Waking Life is one of my favourite films, and Lucid Dreaming surely is an exciting way of trying to make our conciousness of "the now" a bit longer... But, yes, memories and future possibilities seems to be the most meaningful in my life.


An advice to make you follow your dreams also in practic reality, is to remain very very curious, so curious that you (at last) force yourself to discover if (or HOW) the outside world answers to your inner dreams. Of course I often become dissapointed when the world don't synchronize with my ideals, but if I remain enough curious of the outcome (whatever it will be), then just that feeling/experience always contains enough energy.

And then it's a much more easy game to go out and test things, than it is to stay in my own fear of losing the strong worth of my expectations. Because I know my best fantasies cannot be destroyed by any kind of relations to "the real world". Either the dream don't match, and that's completely OK, or it just grows. It grows when I realize someone else can help me transform my dream (and myself help transforming his/her dream) into something even better...

...which you probably already know :-)



¤
¤¤

Inga kommentarer: