10 augusti 2008

throwing moonlight through the Never Ending Rainbow

I asked another question in our introverted group:

Which kind of LIGHT do you feel most Comfortable or Creative in?

Me:

When the sun burst through the dark clouds with some special, "magical" beams - that's the light I find most inspiring and feel as really "friend-with-life" in.

The brightest daylight I find boring and too intense.
Grey "shadowless" light seems also dull and not so meditative as it could, but maybe becomes for some of you..?

Is this an INFP tendency, to prefer quite "romantic" lightning?
As well dramatic as soft mood...
Or are we already so full of shadows that we're drawn to more "easy" and clear lights..?

Candle-light I think I feel really good in. Sorry to say I often forget the possibility to light candles, and use little lamps or coloured spotlights instead. And too often I forget to discover some new nuance, before many months has passed in the same light.......

Replying to a reply:

Streetlamps can give good feelings, yes!
You mention diffusion - I would like to compare that with rain... :-) The general light while compact rainclouds I'm not fond of at all. But if we put some direct source of light in the middle of the rain (why not a streetlamp or a motorcycle), shining through all the water in a million of potential angles - then it becomes a much greater story!

Not to mention the magic effect of the rainbow!! (or rather the rainbow as the effect, from sunbeams broken through many small raindrops).


[I read INFPs are also most likely to love the rain...]

I completely adore rain - but only as long as I'm indoors and the rain's outdoors :-D Then it helps me to contemplate, to concentrate on introspective activities without bad conscience for not being out in the sun :)

Otherwise I dislike rain as much as most people do. However I've learned to realise that my own negative expectations of rain to come, is much worse than the actual experience of the rain itself.

And soft rain during still sunny, this is almost even better than just sunlight :-)



Another one asks: [I read somewhere that INFPs are most likely of all the types to be attracted to sad things. Do you think this is true? Why or why not? Is that a bad thing?]

Me:

Let's take music:

During many years I was most attracted to the sadest songs, the slow-downed pieces. Not because I liked being depressed, but rather I became more happy by listening to sad things, more released.

Maybe the sad ones usually are "deeper", more "dreamful", coming from the most introspective mode and lyrics...?

Now I more often find depth, beauty and uplifting power in any kind of mode, in every kind of music. This is the case since I listen to it more patiently, more consciously curious, not expecting to to be immediately sent to heaven from my first meeting with a melody and it's rhytms.

And later replying to her reply:

Your words makes me wonder if sadness contains something more than just sadness..? And now I think this feeling can help to put ones mind in a state of CONCENTRATION.

You say Stina you've written your best poetry while sad... Have you still the same feeling when you've begun to write, or rather just before..?

I write much fantasies, often in the shape of poetry, and it flows even more when I'm joyful. However - if I'm first feeling very serious, melancholic, confused or just passive, and then begins to discover there's no reason for being down or frustrated, and new curious blood rushes to my head - then it really works best.
Then I once again send up rockets to space like everything is the most fun I've ever done. I'm not really mano-depressive, but I guess the process resembles such behaviour.

Another aspect of concentration:
Is sadness an effective stress-reliever?
Stress makes it hard to focus or remember clearly, and I think about what you say how honest sadness can be.
Can it be that sadness makes it easier to be in contact with ones true thoughts 'n feelings, the ones which return and has something to tell, that ain't random..!?

Is concentration a main reason that makes INFP:s prefer sadness, since it helps us continuing being introspective..!?




¤

Inga kommentarer: