28 augusti 2008

Loneliness as UnSynchronized Togetherness

¤¤


How interesting you mention the aspect of control!
If we were never disturbed or distracted, if we always could manage to synchronize our needs, wishes and will with others' - maybe then we would be even more social creatures than the extraverted people...!?

At least I would choose to be together with friends eight days a week, IF I could only make them constantly curious to study/play the same things as me, at the same time and place as me...!! That doesn't mean at all they have to feel/think the same way as me, no, they still will be their own type.

Your words potentially makes me realise I choose to be alone because I experience true teamwork too rare and too fragile to be possible. And this since it seems impossible to look inside each others minds... (=a dilemma that only IN:s are concerned about as being a dilemma?).
But like some of you I strive (in complete solitude, this wonderful loneliness) for the ideal of being really together, yes, sometime eternally together :-)


["If I spend lots of time with people I love then I need time away. But I love the time that I spend with them so I don't want to have time away, but I know that I need it. Then once I'm alone I love being alone and kinda dred seeing the person again,..."]

Your description of the process and whole dilemma is very very good!!

Seems we want company more than ever when we're close to lose it. And want loneliness more than ever when we're close to lose it...

I've come to realise it's all a matter of changeovers! It is painful to cross the line from one world to another. Therefore I rather stay alone while alone, and rather continue to be with friends when I am with friends.

Do you recognize this frustration about having to change situation, but then gladly welcome the change since the line's only been passed...??

Intellectually we can see that we need both to be alone and together, but physically and emotionally (in room and time) it's a story of much more trickiness...

Maybe 'cause we're already half aware that we will want so overwhelmingly much of every situation!!


¤¤

Inga kommentarer: