26 juli 2008

EXPRESSIVEness isn't less important for INTROverts

in a group for "introverted intuitives" like me, someone asked How important for you is your hair and what you wear?

I say:

If I say extremely important - would you try to throw me out of this group? ;-D

I've come to experience that which things I have close to my body affects my whole world much more than I use to believe it will do. And I still often forget how a haircut or a shower can help me get in a better inner state, help me to renew thoughts/feelings, make my work of being clear and creative a bit easier.

I keep forgetting this because I (75% introverted) use to view inner motivation as far superior to external methods that I "don't got time" for, concentrating on writing my world down. But the lesson is we have to balance this sides of universe, yes, even more if we want to continue being able to concentrate on what's most natural for us!


So, if clothes are important for me even in my soltitude, then it's even more important in (what I experience to be) relations to other faces in my environment!!

Since I'm not a complete solipsist I want relationships :-) Then other people have only my outside appearance (body language and other language) to use as a mirror of my inner state and motivations.

Other's interpretations of one's appearance may though be a completely other story, sometimes far more complex and sometimes far more simple than we realize. So clothes and masks is still a great field of investigation.......


That was my philosophical attempt to answer "very important" to your question :-D

And so continuing,
written from the future, 4th of August:


Well, extremely interesting with the difference between extraversion and expressiveness!! Yes, maybe that's why introverted intuitives feel they have the need for EXPRESSING things - 'cause we're not simply "already out there" like our friends the extraverts..!?

More and more have I come to realize that I'm much more expressive, both in physical and verbal ways (not to mention through writing), than most people I meet. At least in contexts which I consciously are reaching by free will, surroundings I feel I'm in control in. Or - even if I not really got control of what will happen, like say during my course in improvised theatre-acting - there still is a collective interest in expressing certain things together. Other times I am very afraid to act/talk, when I think people has not really entered the room by open interest of what I (with them) can create.

Hm, masks... I see there's always a big potential to wear false faces, fake clothing, but that's not a real reason for avoiding to play with your appearance. Because truth is you have to wear some kind of mask anyway. And then the best you can do is to try to make it fit with what you really are inside. And when you really are what you are, a good mask will be flexible enough to mirror this!! While an appearance you don't feel the potential to grow in, it will counteract you!!



¤¤

Inga kommentarer: