18 september 2008

Lives After Life

7


Realise once more how I more and more often (when talking with others of religious views) tend to focus on life after death. Or as I see it: lifeS after death, and lifeS before death. Not just one complete step from this life, not just into either Heaven or Hell forever. And that seems to be one of the most essential differences between christianity and Eastern religions...!?

Of course, if the choice really had to be made once and for all, meaning that my trust or mistrust right now, from this life, now decides my eternal future....... and there were no picture to be comprehended part by part, no growing process of more and more learning through many lifetimes, no, just this very very very short time (for some not even the time I have lived so far), well, then I would surely believe completely from all my heart and/or from all my body, in Jesus, and deeply feared to be left out, to not be able anymore to come to Heaven, when life's over.


My problem so far is that I see christian quest for salvation, for "being saved", as a bit childish or naive. Sometimes it seems to me that I already have such a great faith in the goodness of life, that I naturally believe every human (and every living creature in Universe) will have another chance, will have another life after death, yes, so many lives that are necessary to inspire oneself developing trust, trust in the meaning of reaching higher consciousness, consciousness about how to develope capacity to make whatever is most creative, whatever God has planned for us to discover as being really good to develope.


Naturally the fear of losing life, or losing other people, losing memories and losing consciousness, that fear can be an extraordinary effective power to do anything at all, to feel anything better than remain in such fear, imagine something more than being stuck in one's fear of losing.

However I think the need for developing trust in God's goodness remains in next life too, and the life after that, for some people during hundreds of lifetimes. It's a struggle that never really disappears completely once and for all....... .......well, only in the moment, only here and only now. The perfect trust can be experienced as more or less eternal, with more or less constancy.



7
7
7
7
7
7
7

Inga kommentarer: